Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oak wall shelf with prints in panels.

This is a close up of the right side panel in the wall shelf, to show the image a bit better. The painting is a Monet called Bodmer Oak. I printed it on a heat transfer on my little hp printer. Since the max width of the print and the panel were so close, I cut sections of the painting across in photoshop and reversed one side. Also, sliding down the image a bit so that both panels, side by side, would look like one wide scene.

The shelf itself, is made of very old white oak that I salvaged from a friend's remodeling of his farm house. The wood was rough sawn on site originally from the shallow arc of the saw teeth. I left in the old nail holes and the oxidation stains, because I like them!

The panel frame part is fir reclaimed from my own ongoing and perpetual remodel of my own home. I'll probably post some pics of that at some time. I forget how much work I've put into this place until I look over the pictures sometimes.

Below is a pic of the shelf itself. I meant for it to go at the top of the post, but I some how got it backwards. Better luck next time, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment